Do you want to work for a company where quality is a given?
Do you strive to exceed expectations, be innovative and different?
Do you have the drive to deliver sustainable growth?
MacGregor Black is currently working with one of the UK's leading food production companies, on a search for a Product Technologist. This is a Full-Time position, based in central Lincolnshire.
As the Product Technologist, you will work closely with the Senior NPD Manager to set the product development strategy for your categories, drive activity to enable the company to drive its customer's agenda, deliver creative product solutions driven by great insight and rationale. Seeking new opportunities to move the business forward to compete effectively against competitors.
- Organise and conduct brief feasibilities with the decision-making team at site and category levels to accept or reject briefs against the category / site and group strategic plan and vision
- Deliver professional presentations to all customers, bringing the products to life with their rationale for being part of the presentation
- Challenge existing processes looking for improvement in efficiency and ways to create new product formats
- Effective communication with the customer on all stages of the concepts development
- Support and seek opportunities within any projects to reduce waste, maximise recycling and reduce the carbon footprint of the site
- Effectively manage team members under your control to ensure they give a good day's work, follow all the rules and regulations, procedures and take appropriate action to address work and take appropriate steps to correct behaviour that deviates from the required
What are we looking for?
We are looking for someone with experience of management in a food development role. The ideal candidate will have strong knowledge of process improvement tools and techniques including change management, profit improvement planning and cost and budgetary controls. You will ensure that customer expectations are met or exceeded by seizing opportunities to improve the quality of service, follow through obligations and use an open style of communication which engages, inspires and motivates others. The candidate must have a degree in Food Science, or equivalent.
You must be: a Listener, Honest, Encouraging, Supportive, Ambitious, Proactive and a Communicator.
Our client is offering a competitive salary, plus additional benefits. If you believe this is the right role for you, get in touch today.