Purchasing Manager - Europe
Are you fluent in both English and German?
Can you maintain high standards whilst minimising supplier cost?
Do you have a commercial focus with strong negotiation skills?
MacGregor Black are partnering with a Leading Global Ingredients Solutions Company on the search for a Purchasing Manager - Europe. This is a permanent role based in Hamburg.
As the Purchasing Manager you will be responsible for the strategic sourcing of the best quality ingredients across Europe for our business, strategizing to find cost-effective deals and suppliers.
- Management of purchasing and materials management with the aim of realizing growth opportunities and expanding the company's competitiveness in the marketplace, as well as improving the business results by reducing the cost of materials
- Management of strategic and operative purchasing for all primary and secondary materials, services, capital goods and other consumables required at the plant
- Transformation of the purchasing department, processes and activities towards purchasing 4.0
- Negotiation of all types of contracts however, with a focus on technical products and product components, with local and global suppliers
- Carrying out purchasing controlling: statistics, price analyses, checking delivery times, checking qualitative characteristics
- Identification of savings potential and added value in all categories
- Identification and analysis of new national and international procurement markets as well as the implementation of tenders, price and contract negotiations with sustained earnings increases to optimize purchasing conditions
- Continuous further development and documentation of the processes and systems in the entire purchasing organisation towards purchasing 4.0. Participation in the implementation of global projects and independent identification and implementation of local solutions and change management
- Dedicated and close technical cooperation with the internal specialist departments
What we are looking for:
- Education / Apprenticeship in a commercial profession and / or completion of a business degree or similar degree
- Profound knowledge in the procurement of technical products and product components in a manufacturing company
- First leadership experience
- Good network of suppliers
- Independent and responsible, making use of creative freedom
- Professional handling of SAP Hana, SAP Ariba and MS Office
- Very good, business fluent English and German
This is a great opportunity for a Purchasing Manager to join a leading Fortune 500 company who take pride in their work, products and employees. Relocation packages are available within Germany
Salary on offer is up to €90k + Benefits.
Please contact Seadna Finnegan today for further information.