Quality Control/ Garment Technologist
Are you a meticulous, methodical and creative individual?
Do you want to work for a leading online fashion retailer?
Do you have an in-depth knowledge of garment fit and construction?
Macgregor Black are currently working with one of the fastest growing women's fashion brands in the UK, searching for a Quality Control/ Garment Technologist. In this position you will lead the planning and implementation of quality inspections of incoming stock across all product categories.
You will review, plan, oversee and improve the quality systems, procedures and processes, to drive quality and reduce costs and the impact of concerns and complaints regarding quality. This role is based in Newcastle upon Tyne.
The role will involve working closely with the Buying, Customer Care and Warehouse teams and suppliers, championing a quality culture where it is understood that quality is built into production rather than being inspected after production. You will liaise with the factories; measure and inspect garment samples for fit and quality; create size specifications, test reports and analyse returns from customer feedback.
· Establishing brand quality requirements, translating fashion into workable garments
· To ensure all garment ranges are fit for purpose and meet expected standards
· Working with the Buying team in preparation of new styles and garments
· Responsible for creating detailed technical specifications and size charts.
· Measuring garments and fitting, sealing samples with customers and factories/suppliers.
· Handling all approvals from concept to pre-production, actioning any comments
· Communicate all technical information directly to the factory, and problem solving
· Ensure suppliers adhere to the company quality assurance procedures
· Follow up on specification and procedures of suppliers during the production cycle
· Carrying out reporting and analysing customer to improve quality
· Reviewing product fit and performance against competition
Who we are looking for:
· Be able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of garment fit and construction
· Possess multi-product knowledge
· Possess good manufacturing knowledge
· Preferably good pattern cutting knowledge
· Experienced in a garment technical role/quality assurance within a womenswear retailer
· Be able to proactively identify and analyse problems and propose commercial solutions
· Able to attend fit sessions and solve/explain and fit issues
· Demonstrate strong communication skills and the ability to influence and negotiate
· Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and thrive in a fast-paced environment
Our client is offering a generous salary package with excellent additional benefits such as: 28 days holiday allowance, Fun days, celebrations and events, 30% staff discount, company pension and bonus scheme and more. If this role sounds like a good fit for you then please apply today.