Can you drive an effective quality culture?
Do you have exceptional analytical skills?
Are you looking to progress your career within food production?
MacGregor Black is currently supporting a chilled & frozen food manufacturer, on a strategic search for a Quality Systems Manager. This is a Full-Time permanent role, based in North East Scotland.
Reporting to the Head of Technical, the Quality Systems Manager will be responsible for the development and maintenance of all the policies and procedures that form the Quality Management System to ensure that the business fulfils its requirements and the requirements of customers.
- Amend, review and update the documentation within the Food Safety and Quality Manual and the HACCP Manual
- Conduct risk assessments of potential new suppliers in conjunction with the Purchasing Department
- Ensure that the Supplier List, and all the information necessary for monitoring them, is kept up to date and that all information such as SAQ's and third-party certification is valid
- Ensure that all raw material risk assessments are up-to-date and are reviewed in line with emerging issues and requirements such as food fraud and vulnerability
- Ensuring that there are fully completed up-to-date and signed specifications on file for existing and new raw materials and packaging materials
- Prepare, maintain and update the supplier audit plan and undertake the annual supplier monitoring review in conjunction with the Purchasing Department and manage non-conformances arising from supplier audits
What are we looking for?
- Previous experience of working in a technical role within a food manufacturing environment is essential
- Practical experience of HACCP
- Knowledge of food legislation
- A passion for delivering results and the drive to exceed expectations.
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- The ability to work under pressure to achieve deadlines
You must be: a Problem-Solver, Flexible, a Team Player, Self-Motivated, Committed and Professional.
Our client is offering a competitive salary and excellent benefits package for the successful candidate.
Contact us today for a further discussion.