Account Manager - Retail
Do you have the ability to build strong relationships?
Are you motivated to drive sales development and meet commercial targets?
Can you provide exceptional customer service?
MacGregor Black is currently assisting a global foodservice and retail supplier, on a strategic search for an Account Manager - Retail. This is a Full-Time permanent role, based in Cork, Ireland.
Reporting to the Account Director, the Account Manager - Retail will be responsible for the management and development of allocated retail account(s), including the development of new business, in line with the overall objectives of the company.
- Ownership for all aspects of customer satisfaction with the business, incorporating both internal and external relationship management
- Develop and implement joint business plans with the assigned account(s) to maximise category returns and drive sales through the account
- The development of new profitable business through the account including detailed range reviews and new product development
- Manage customer price files including systematic checks to ensure accuracy and compliance to promotion lines
- Track and monitor market trends and conduct regular desk and field market research to drive NPD and category management
- In conjunction with the customer developing detailed promotion plans to drive sales and deliver on targets
What are we looking for?
- Min 3 years Account Management and/or Category Management experience within the food industry
- Experience within the Irish retail sales or retail category management is an advantage
- Suitable third level qualification (E.g. Business, marketing, food science)
- Proven track record in delivering sales / category targets and development of new business including development of new product lines
- Strong commercial acumen and understanding of account profitability
- Ability to interpret sales data and market trends and make recommendations to drive profitable growth
- Excellent customer relationship management skills
You must be: Self-Motivated, Driven, Ambitious, Passionate, Highly-Organised, Flexible and a Team Player.
Our client is offering a competitive salary, along with excellent additional benefits, for the right candidate.
Call us today to find out more.