Are you experienced with Food and Perishable Materials?
Do you want to work for a business looking to continue its recent growth?
Are you able to negotiate commercial and contract terms?
MacGregor Black are partnering with a Privately Owned Leading Producer of Pet Food on the search for an Senior Buyer. This is a permanent role based in North Yorkshire.
As the Senior Buyer you will focus on. You will report directly to the Operations Director to help continue the strong growth experienced over the last few years. The team is focussed on performance, starting with safety and quality, who nurture its employees through continuous improvement, challenge accountability and recognition.
- Focus on the procurement of direct, indirect and capital equipment across two UK factories
- Responsible for negotiating commercial and contract terms, as well as the associated service and maintenance agreements as required
- Capital expenditure projects may include large scale improvement projects, various engineering projects and / or new production equipment which will support the exciting growth plans of the business to £200M and beyond.
- You will need to understand and help create technical specifications to ensure the purchased materials or services fully satisfy our needs. Building relationships with internal stakeholders and suppliers will be essential to the success of this role.
What we are looking for:
- Experience in procurement of food or perishable materials would be preferred but not essential
- Experience of working within a consumer goods industry is beneficial
- Experience in the management of direct materials is essential
- Understanding and experience of drafting contracts
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Excellent negotiation and supplier management skills
This is a great opportunity for a Senior Buyer to join a successful and growing company. If you are driven, self motivated, experienced and up for the challenge then this could be the job for you!
On offer is Competitive Salary + Benefits Package.
Please contact Seadna Finnegan today for further information