Are you multilingual (English and Chinese?)
Are you an experienced hospitality designer?
Do you have proficient skills with CAD/Adobe/3D modelling ?
MacGregor Black are partnering with a Pioneering Collection of Award-Winning Design Companies on the search for a Senior Designer. This is a permanent role based in Shanghai.
As the Senior you have the opportunity to lead and represent our client in their creative process, elevate their global studio collaboration and uphold our design culture, which continues to strive for design excellence in the luxury hospitality experience.
- Work with Creative Lead to assist & Support the design brief / concept in collaboration with the Design Director
- Effectively communicate the Director's design intent - interpreting clearly to the design team
- Execute plans with careful attention to detail
- Collaborate creatively with the global design directors
- Communicate well and interpret design concept brief from Design Director/design lead
- Identify & resolve design issues
- Manage project delivery, monitor schedules, meet deadlines
What we are looking for:
- 8 - 12 years of hospitality design experience (China or globally)
- Experience in working directly with Western directors (English & Chinese communication)
- Excellent presentation skills: Able to articulate & translate well between languages (English/Chinese - reading, writing, speaking)
- Experience in leading a design team (5 to 8 design staff)
- Extensive hotel brand knowledge/guidelines/standards
- Excellent point of contact communicator (English/Chinese - client/operator/consultants)
- Solid knowledge and understanding of interior design services
- Proficiency in design tools/skills (CAD/Adobe/3D modelling)
- Hand sketching skills are an advantage
This is a great opportunity for a Senior Designer to have the opportunity to work with talented and award winning design leaders coaching and mentoring through our exciting projects.
On offer is a competitive Salary + Benefits.
Please contact Emma Horton today for further information.