Senior Interior Designer
Do you have an eye for creative and innovative interior design?
Can you manage a team to implement distinct and innovative creative flair to projects?
Do you have strong stakeholder management and communication skills?
MacGregor Black are partnering with a leading brand and retail consultancy on the search for an Senior Interior Designer. This is a permanent role based in London.
As the Senior Interior Designer you will take responsibility for the design output, ensuring project requirements and agreed strategy reflect the design developed. Leading the design team to develop innovative and creative solutions for a variety of small-medium interior design projects will require a proactive mind. Communication with clients and managing interface with project and account management teams will be essential
- Developing multiple applicable design solutions which meet the strategic, design, functional and budgetary criteria as established by the client and project team
- Proactively developing design to deliver strategic intent and guiding other team members
- Presenting concept work internally and confidently to external clients
- Liaising with outside design support contracted on projects
- Establishing direction for design through to completion
- Working closely with the project manager and production team to ensure that all information necessary for the successful production of the design is clearly understood
- Staying current on market trends and research as it relates to design, and communicates it to other team members
- Liaising with regional and international studios, where necessary
What we are looking for:
- Degree or qualifications in relevant specialism
- Minimum five years' experience working in the industry
- Strong creative portfolio with a variety of client exposure
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills
- Clear understanding of materials and construction processes and details
- Ability to undertake brand audits, survey project sites, review competitors, study consumer profiles, behaviours, and mindsets
- Ability to brief and manage 3rd party consultants & contractors
- Experience with the following software: Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft PowerPoint, SketchUp, AutoCAD, Vectorworks (preferred), Cinema 4D (preferred)
- Excellent hand sketching and technical drawing abilities
The success of this role will be measured by your ability to manage personal and project schedules to time and budget constraints, as well as your creative impact on the delivery of the projects. Your effectiveness managing team and both internal and external communications will be key. If this sounds like the right role for you then we would love to speak to you.
On offer is a competitive salary + benefits package
Please contact Emma Horton today for further information.