Are you technically minded and looking for a new challenge?
Can you proactively monitor standards and improvements within an FMCG culture?
Can you work to exceed high standards?
MacGregor Black is currently supporting a leading food manufacturer, on a strategic search for a Shift Mechanical Engineer. This is a Full-Time permanent role, based in North East Scotland.
In this role you will be responsible for the mechanical integrity of equipment and will provide full engineering support.
- Responsibility for planned and preventative maintenance and development of PPM's where possible
- Resolve machine breakdowns to ensure maximum line efficiency of the production process
- To assist in maintaining the engineering stores by identifying parts and raising parts requisition forms for repairs and stock replenishment
- Ensuring stores booking in and out procedures are being adhered to
- Responsibility for ensuring current practices meet Health and Safety and Food Safety standards, and where possible that they exceed requirements
What are we looking for?
- Formal engineering qualification to at least City and Guilds level, ONC/HNC level or equivalent
- At least two to three years' experience in a FMCG environment
- Strong mechanical maintenance background with well-developed analytical fault finding skills
- Knowledge and experience of the maintenance of modern processing plant machinery would be preferred
- Previous experience of food processing equipment is desirable but not essential
- Proficient in use of mechanical fitting/fabrication and associated equipment i.e. lathe; milling machine; and welding equipment (TIG and MIG)
You must be: a Team Player, a Communicator, an Influencer, Results-Driven, Self-Motivated and a Problem-Solver.
Our client is offering a competitive salary and benefits scheme for the right candidate.
Get in touch with us today.