Site Operations Manager
Have you previously led large operational workforces ~250+?
Have you worked in a Food production environment / manufacturing environment previously?
Are you Lean / 6Sigma or Kaizen trained and certified??
MacGregor Black are partnering with a Leading UK Food Manufacturer on the search for a Site Operations Manager. This is a permanent role based in Aberdeen.
As the Site Operations Manager you will be responsible for driving operational excellence, ensuring that all operations and processes are not just maintained but are continually improved at site, utilising Lean continuous improvement techniques.
- Responsible and accountable for producing high-quality products that meet specifications and expectations of the customer and satisfy relevant legislative and industry regulations
- Maintain a proactive and consistent effort to organize production and operations in the most efficient way possible to decrease expenses and increase revenues
- Be an effective and proactive member of the site's Senior Management Team
- Lead daily production (Pulse) meetings, be visible and active on factory floor
- Ensure full and comprehensive understanding of production processes and operations, dynamically risk assessing and troubleshooting on daily basis
- Establish strategic goals by gathering pertinent business, financial, service, and operations information; identifying and evaluating trends and options; choosing a course of action; defining objectives; evaluating outcomes
- Accomplish financial objectives by supporting direct reports in forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
- Accomplish department objectives by communicating to direct reports the company strategy and job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counselling, and managing employee relations; developing, coordinating, and embedding systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards
- Seamlessly interface with support functions of Sales, Commercial, Planning, Technical, Maintenance, Finance and HR, cultivating an information sharing environment to coordinate production and operations activities between departments and support functions
- Read and analyze planning charts, work orders, production and operations schedules, and other records/reports to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs
- Optimize yields and cost of transformation whilst managing budgets effectively
- Manage department budget and costs effectively, working with Finance to ensure data accuracy and integrity
- Ensure direct reports understand and manage their team budgets, yields, and cost of transformation performance in line with targets
- Understand and deliver production and operations within site and company's daily/weekly/monthly KPI's, seeking continual improvements, ensuring data integrity, and undertaking root cause analysis
- Develop, produce, and maintain reports on production and operations for daily/weekly/monthly KPI's
- Work with direct reports to consistently maintain effective and minimum resourcing levels across production and operations, using forecasts, KPI data and planning outputs to inform decisions
- Work with direct reports to provide effective management of fixed/indirect costs within area of responsibility, including Transport & Logistics, Distribution, Purchasing, Canteen and Security
- Work with direct reports and H&S department to develop, implement, embed, and maintain safe and effective Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all production-based tasks and processes
- Maintain consistent product standards by embedding quality and customer service processes; working with Technical to analyze and resolve quality and customer service problems; identifying trends; recommending system/process improvements
- Interface and actively participate in Group project teams on any site project works, providing insight into site production and operations, translating works into site production planning, and coordinating works appropriately, minimizing production and operations disruption
What we are looking for:
- Significant knowledge and management experience of meat production, processing, and operations (preferably red meat) essential
- Minimum HND or degree level qualification in manufacturing or equivalent desirable
- Lean, 6 sigma or kaizen trained and able to demonstrate successes desirable
- Animal Welfare, HACCP, NEBOSH or IOSH qualification desirable
- Proven ability to lead, motivate and develop teams to achieve established goals and improve performance
- Budget and cost management skills essential
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exemplary interpersonal, communication, and negotiating skills
- Ability to multitask and work under own initiative to deliver to deadlines
- Leader and relationship builder with influencing skills
- Excellent IT skills (particularly Excel)
- Strong team player
- Extensive knowledge of lean/continuous improvement processes
Salary on offer is up to £65k.
Please contact Craig Grainger today for further information