Supply Chain & Logistics Coordinator
Are you passionate about minimising food waste?
Do you have experience in supply chain / logistics with chilled food?
Do you want to be part of a growing company on the rise?
MacGregor Black are partnering with a distributor of fruit and vegetables on the search for a Supply Chain & Logistics Coordinator. This is a permanent role based in London.
As the Supply Chain & Logistics Coordinator you will be a key figure as we scale up through the automation, rationalisation and improvements to our processes and systems. You will work closely with our sourcing and operations team to manage customer demand, stock systems and logistics partners while ensuring quality produce is packed for our customers at all times.
- Manage our end to end logistics, ensuring cost effective, timely delivery of raw materials, packed product and other ad-hoc deliveries
- Build and maintain strong relationships with existing and new 3PL partners
- Contribute to the day-to-day stock control ensuring the right volume of produce is available at the right time to meet our growing customer demand
- Work closely with our co-packing partner to ensure punctual and accurate flow of information, timely arrival of vehicles and an all-round top-class service
- Manage the in-house driver schedule
- Prepare daily customer orders, coordinating between 3PL and co-packing partners
- Manage delivery complaints and find innovative solutions to continuously improve our customers' experience
- Provide support to the last mile loading team at our base
- Lead on last mile improvement project and support operations department in other ongoing projects
- Assess logistics focused business risks and create contingency plans to manage them.
What we are looking for:
- Minimum 3 years in a supply chain or logistics focused business, preferably with chilled distribution experience
- A passion for the sector and our mission to end food waste
- Driven, with entrepreneurial spirit, not letting anything dampen your energy and a willingness push through to achieve results
- Track record of 'getting things done' and a willingness to take a hands-on approach
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills
- Ability to operate effectively in a team whilst also confident working alone
- Ability to adapt to the changing priorities and needs of the business, managing day-to-day business operations with ongoing projects
- Analytical - able to use data to extract relevant information and identify and resolve issues logically. Great Excel skills and a love for numbers
This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated, ambitious and organised candidate to join a fantastic company and have an impact on their continued growth. This role will require you to spend time in our office and warehouse as well as providing opportunities to visit other trading partners where necessary.
Salary on offer is up to £30k + Benefits.
Please contact Seadna Finnegan today for further information