Are you an experienced Technical manager?
Have you previously worked in the Food / FMCG industry?
Are you passionate about driving continuous improvement?
MacGregor Black are partnering with a Leading General Food Specialist on the search for a Technical Manager. This is a permanent role based in The West Midlands.
As the Technical Manager you will ensure the site meets the legal and regulatory requirements as well as customer and industry standards in Food Safety and Quality Management, and to ensure audit-ready standards every day.
- Balancing the technical needs with the efficiency required on the production line to ensure the company is best in class on Quality and Technical areas
- To build strong partnership-based relationships with retailer technical teams, taking a proactive approach rather than reacting to retailer demands
- Responsibility for development and delivery of UK technical strategy via internal and external stakeholder management
- Facilitate all hygiene and technical training in all departments and maintain up to date records
- Ensure ownership of Allergen management, GMP, HACCP, food safety and legality at all levels whilst always driving continuous improvements
- Rigorously drive all Business processes and take an active lead in improvement
- Working with the cross functional teams to ensure full compliance with all Company and customer requirements including BRC
- Key liaison for Technical activities for internal and external customers
- Monitor standards of factory hygiene and manufacturing standards through regular audits and inspections
- Lead maintenance and review of site quality management system devising, developing and reviewing best practice
What we are looking for:
- Quality Management trained or have proven demonstrable experience
- Conscientious and flexible
- A proven people manager with strong leadership skills
- A confident communicator able to deal with personnel at all levels within the business
- Competent at using IT systems
- Competent in BRC and MMS
- HACCP Qualified
- Strong knowledge of GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) and Food Safety compliance
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of food safety legislation and its requirements to ensure full compliance
- Experience of High risk food making facilities
- Experience in auditing hygiene and operational facilities
- Experience of interpreting microbiological results and required actions
- Experience of cooking and cooling and the relevant food safety risks and required control
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Technical Manager to join a well established general food specialist, to manage the production and lead the continuous improvement.
Salary on offer is up to £40k + benefits
Please contact Craig Grainger today for further information