Are you passionate about helping a company achieve its mission & objectives?
Can you give strategic guidance and support?
Can you motivate a team?
MacGregor Black is currently working exclusively with a specialist consumer products company, on a strategic and pivotal search for a UK Managing Director. This is a Full-Time permanent role, based in Glasgow, with flexibility for UK & international travel as and when required.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing & delivering a growth strategy that will produce agreed targets through retail sales, ecommerce & digital platforms. In line with the wider group, you will adopt and execute global and regional brand & product strategies across Europe to drive growth through a consumer-centric, integrated marketplace strategy.
- Adaptation and implementation of global and regional vision & strategy within Europe
- Full P&L accountability and drives the Company's strategy to manage and grow the business and brand image in the market. Key elements will also include strengthening retail operations, market presence, and organizational capabilities
- Defines seasonal pricing, margin and sales terms; targets for the business and implement accordingly, monitoring proper execution to achieve the target.
- Accountable in monthly, quarterly and yearly sales forecasts for budgeting, planning and inventory control purposes
- Defines in conjunction with regional marketing leadership the key marketing in Europe, ensuring relevance for the market and proper implementation at different levels (Media, digital, retail, etc.) within an agreed marketing strategy
- Develops and maintains excellent working relationships with the internal team, key external partners, and customers through strong interpersonal skills and a hands-on, market-oriented approach
- Actively participates in regional and global management meetings on strategy, business review, product & marketing as required
What are we looking for?
- Graduate-level educated
- High-energy, dynamic and creative leader
- At least 3 years' experience in a Management Director / General Management role which combines digital & ecommerce, sales & marketing within a branded consumer products company
- Commercial acumen with a track record of managing complex customer and supplier relationships including negotiations at the highest level
- An understanding of marketing-led development to deliver and improve ROI of brand investment
- A track record of applying strategic, logical and analytical thinking to drive growth and the flexibility to adapt and adjust plans in line with changing commercial realities
- Leadership through teams
- A proven track record of influencing at board level within the business and external stakeholders
For a confidential discussion regarding this exciting opportunity, please contact Jon McNeish.