APAC Sales & Growth Manager
APAC Sales and Growth Manager
Do you have experience working within the baby or toddler category?
Do you have experience on-boarding new distributors across APAC?
Are you confident in your decision-making ability?
Macgregor Black are partnering with a market leading baby brand who are looking to recruit a APAC Sales and Growth Manager to strengthen their distributor business across APAC.
As the APAC Sales and Growth Manager, you will report into the Head of APAC and have a focus on building key retailer accounts to target markets in the region directly and/or in partnership with distributors and trade agents. You will shape the go-to-market strategy across distributor and export channels, working closely with key external stakeholders in APAC with ultimate responsibility for key distributor relationships along with the head office merchandising and marketing teams in AUS. The role will make a real impact in setting the foundation for a market-leading presence across APAC, ensuring localised needs are addressed while leveraging the brands global scale and strategic ambitions.
- New Customer / Channel Growth: Establish the brands presence with new customer development and/or direct sell-in to APAC target markets, dictating both assortment and pricing strategies across key retailer segments / channels
- Existing Customer / Channel Optimisation: Work with local APAC distributors and trade partners to propel YoY growth across all wholesale channels / categories in the region (including major offline department stores and baby specialists, online retailers, medium independents and pharmacy), with direct accountability for sell-in and targets to guide sell-out that meet our market leadership ambitions
- Relationship Management: Direct relationship holder and strategic responsibility for key distributor accounts
- Strategic and Commercial Planning: Lead development of differentiated channel specific strategies and work with Country Lead to set growth-focused revenue / margin targets and trade spend strategies that meet regional / global revenue and gross profit budgets
- Commercial Execution: Day-to-day responsibility over order management (order to cash), tactical meetings and presentations, promotional planning, seasonal product launches, budget tracking and opportunity identification / execution to deliver on agreed strategic and gross profit goals
- Trade and Consumer Shows: Build the brand awareness with key trade and consumer shows, create strategic business case for participation and coordinate with distributors / partners as needed
- KPIs: Key measures of success include meeting or exceeding targets for sales revenue, sales profit (including trade spend considerations, category growth, new channel / customer development, share of shelf, and ensuring a high level of client satisfaction
What are we looking for?
- Established sales experience in consumer goods (5+ years), and existing relationships with large retailer/distributor accounts across APAC region, ideally in the baby and toddler category
- Experience establishing brands in a new market, developing brands to be leaders in their category (across the market and within the retailer), and new channel development
- Proven experience hunting and working directly with retailers, buyers and distributors, strong track record in managing and analysing sell-in / sell-out, revenue and GP metrics across multiple channels / accounts
- Strong customer focus and relationship building skills, with a passion for delivering the best outcome for the end consumer
- Deep understanding of key drivers of wholesale category leadership, revenue and GP targets, and ability to develop commercial plans and forecasts to meet our regional ambitions
- Clear communication skills in the identification and communication of data & consumer led opportunities across different markets / channels, ability to present and influence action
- Ability to break down commercial goals into actionable targets, execute on the plan and manage interdependencies with other stakeholders
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Nice to have: Experience in managing brokers, sales agencies or sales reps
- Action oriented and solutions focused, results driven. Comfortable working in a small team environment and a strong team player
- Entrepreneurial and open minded approach, think outside the square to reach maximum consumer base
- Strong attention to detail, happy to ‘get your hands dirty’ and strong determination in finding solutions, resilience in the face of ambiguity and/or obstacles
- Demonstrated prioritisation skills, proactive communication and thrives in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment
- Collaborative interpersonal relationship skills with the ability to establish rapport and work efficiently with all team members serving various functions at various levels, and across different timezones where needed
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org