Do you have experience buying wine and are WSET Level 3?
Are you a good negotiator, couples with numerical and analytical ability?
Do you have good organisational and communication skills?
MacGregor Black are partnering with a Global FMCG business on the search for a Buyer. This is a permanent role based in North London.
As a Buyer, you will report to the Commercial Director, this role will buy products across our categories but includes all the wine suppliers so this buyer will need wine knowledge to WSET level 3 as a minimum.
- Assess stock availability and place orders in an accurate and timely way to ensure warehouse quantities are appropriate.
- Analysis of buying patterns to help predict future demand trends.
- Liaise with other functions (for example warehouse, sales, and accounts) to help ensure the smooth running of the business and opportunities to improve systems are grasped.
- Place purchase orders precisely with a high level of attention to detail.
- Expected to attend a maximum of two stock takes a year possibly on the weekend.
What are we looking for?
- Good negotiation, numerical and analytical ability.
- WSET Level 3
- Graduate caliber.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Excellent practical knowledge of popular IT packages.
- Must have good Excel skills and be able to use a variety of functions such as V-Look Up, Pivot Tables, index Matching and Sorting & Filtering data.
- Well – organised and able to work to deadlines and to deal with multiple projects.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
Salary up to £40K + benefits.
Please contact Nichola Saul today for more information.