Commercial Financial Analyst
Commercial Finance Analyst
Do you have experience within manufacturing?
Have you got experience of working as a Commercial or Financial Analyst?
Can you work onsite in Glasgow?
MacGregor Black is delighted to partner with a Global FMCG business in their search for a Commercial Finance Analyst. This is a permanent position based in Glasgow.
As the Commercial Finance Analyst, you will be responsible for providing financial support to various stakeholders across the business with a key focus on the sales and marketing teams. Delivering accurate and insightful analysis, supporting all reporting requirements, ensuring accuracy and integrity of financials whilst continuously highlighting opportunities for profit growth and providing support in delivery.
- Acting as the Finance business partner to the Commercial team, providing value-adding analytical support to aid decision making
- Reviewing profitability analysis to flag unusual trends and recommending mitigating/remedial actions on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Provide sales team with pricing guidance and pricing tool support.
- Ownership of the end-to-end promotional process across price discounts and customer investment terms. In addition, ownership for commercial reporting of the promotional spend across the business including appraisal and monthly reconciliation to the financial ledger.
- Financial analysis of new business opportunities, product changes and operational improvements
- Understanding of customer contracts to ensure all commercial obligations are adhered to and accounted for accurately throughout the retailer year/contractual period.
- Providing support to the New Revenue Controller to identify profit opportunities i.e., analysing promotional effectiveness, product mix, distribution gaps and sku offering across the channels and customer base to optimise profitability.
- Ensure balance sheet integrity with accurate and clear reconciliations of balance sheet accounts, identifying any issues and proposed solutions to ensure robust financial position.
- Supporting on banking facility reporting requirements regarding promotional accruals, ensure information is provided in accurate and timely manner to the bank at month end.
- Involvement in the Weekly/Monthly/Quarterly Forecasting Process across P&L, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow
- Ownership of specific month end areas (Promotional Costs and Marketing/Innovation) ensuring robust, accurate and timely reporting adhering to tight timelines. Furthermore, developing and demonstrating an ‘end to end’ understanding of P&L, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow across designated areas
What we looking for?
- Fully qualified or Part qualified accountant (CA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Commercial finance experience gained in an FMCG is preferred.
- Experience of working with multiple retailers across varying sales channels would be a distinct advantage.
- Ability to engage with and influence people at all levels of the business.
- Excellent analysis skills
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
Competitive salary + benefits.
Please contact Carl Maw for more information today.