Are you commercially astute and trading focused?
Do you have the ability to build & nurture positive relationships with key stakeholders?
Are you able to prioritise competing demands to drive the greatest value?
MacGregor Black is currently partnering with a leading consumer goods business, on the search for an Ecommerce Manager. This is a permanent role based in Cumbria.
As an Ecommerce Manager, you will be responsible for delivering the growth objectives for the businesses D2C website and third-party marketplaces, working closely with the customer acquisition team and digital operations and development team to deliver the KPIs by marketing channel which aggregate to achieve the growth objectives. Whilst reporting to the Head of Digital & Acquisition, this role has a team of 5 and takes trading responsibility for delivering £90m of sales.
- Deliver the digital growth objectives through collaboration with the customer acquisition and digital ops/dev teams in the delivery of performance to the trading KPIs by marketing channel and the associated plans.
- Optimise the value of visitors and marketing channels by using data and insight to perform agile trading conversion rate optimisation activity (landing page optimisation, sort order, attributes, search results, Rich Relevance, content etc…) by device and to recommend larger inputs into the digital ops and development team’s developmental roadmap.
- Drive customer lifetime value (CLTV) by ensuring the digital customer experience promotes and enables customers to join the businesses loyalty club.
- Ensure the category and product proposition is appropriately ‘digitally’ focused by collaborating with the data/insight and buying/merchandising teams, using data and insight to influence product and category focus decisions.
- Align the digital channels’ focus and execution with the commercial plan by collaborating with the commercial planning team and ensuring creative assets are digitally suitable.
- Increase the digital channels’ profitability by collaborating with the data/insight team, supply chain and buying/merchandising to configure the range, price, delivery thresholds and delivery charges by digital channel.
- Create a disproportionate benefit to the business by working with the Head of Digital and Acquisition to establish strategic partner relations with 3rd party marketplaces and building joint business plans.
- Ensure the business is at the forefront of digital knowledge and capability by actively building industry relationships and attending industry events.
- 2+ years’ experience in merchandising and trading an e-commerce P&L, preferably for a multi-channel retailer.
- Proven experience in translating a digital trading plan into an executable roadmap.
- Experienced in leading and managing a team to deliver against the plan and roadmap created.
- Experience managing supplier relationships.
- A digital specialist but balanced with wider multichannel or head office experience.
- Experience of using GA360.
- Commercially astute and poses strong analytical skills – able to make sense of complex problems quickly with a balance for action.
- Trading focused, with the ability to recognise the customer and commercial trade-offs, articulating the case for change with supporting customer and commercial benefits.
- An excellent ability to prioritise and manage competing internal demands to drive the greatest value.
- An excellent influencer and engager, able to build and nurture positive relationships with key stakeholders across the business.
- Confidence, patience, politeness, tact, and diplomacy, when dealing with difficult situations.
- An experienced leader that knows how to bring out the best in their team to deliver in a challenging cross-functional trading environment.
Competitive salary + benefits.