Do you have extensive experience in technical design, engineering, and development of consumer products?
Are you experienced leading engineering teams in the development of premium consumer goods?
Have you successfully led multi-disciplined technical teams through change and team reorganisation?
MacGregor Black is partnering with a leading consumer brand on the search for an Engineering Director. This is a perm role based in Norway.
- Lead and manage the Engineering team responsible for technical development across product development, maintenance, and production support.
- Owner of the project board and respoinible for effective governance of development and maintenace activiteis.
- Securing diligent management of product maintenance and activities according to compliance, safety, and product roadmaps.
- Support Innovation teams on identifying, building, and managing efficient relationships with external partners.
- Driving continuous improvement of methods to constantly raise the bar for ways of working and capabilities.
- Determining the need for training and talent development.
- Owner of engineering guidelines securing part approval, DFM, technical reviews, product information and other engineering related processes are followed according to guidelines and initiates process improvement where needed.
- Manage the Engineering teams operating expense budget.
What are we looking for?
- 15 years in technical design, engineering, and development of consumer products.
- 10 years as people manager of multi-disciplinary technical teams and projects.
- Strong leadership and change management experience, ideally in leading a team successfully through team or department reorganisation.
- Strong stakeholder management skills, working cross-functionally, dealing with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience from development of premium and branded consumer goods, produced at external supplier’s preferable experience from furniture industry, wood, plastics and textiles.
- Fluent in English.
Salary – up to €120k + car + benefits
Please contact Rob Blackburn today for further information.