European Export Manager
Do you have experience across European Markets?
Can you build relationship with distributors?
Have you previously worked and helped to grow a premium spirits company?
- Develop and implement sales strategies: Identify market opportunities, establish sales targets, and create strategies to achieve or exceed them within the European market.
- Distributor management: Identify, onboard, and manage a network of distributors across Europe, ensuring alignment with the company’s objectives and standards.
- Relationship building: Cultivate strong relationships with key distributors, retail chains, and on-trade customers to secure long-term partnerships and increase market share.
- Sales forecasting and budgeting: Analyze market trends, consumer preferences, and distributor performance to accurately forecast sales volumes and establish annual budgets.
- Product promotion and marketing support: Collaborate with the marketing team to develop effective promotional campaigns, marketing materials, and brand-building initiatives to increase brand awareness and drive sales.
- Market analysis: Monitor and analyze market trends, competitive landscape, and customer feedback to identify new business opportunities, potential threats, and areas for improvement.
- Sales reporting and analysis: Generate regular sales reports, performance analysis, and market intelligence updates to senior management, providing insights to drive informed decision-making.
- Training and support: Conduct training sessions and provide ongoing support to distributors and sales teams, ensuring a deep understanding of our products and brand positioning.
- Attend industry events: Represent the company at trade shows, industry conferences, and customer events to promote our products and develop new business relationships.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or a related field. MBA or relevant advanced degree is a plus.
- Proven track record of success in sales and distributor management within the European drinks industry, ideally with experience in premium spirits.
- In-depth knowledge of the European market, including consumer preferences, regulatory requirements, and distribution channels.
- Strong negotiation, presentation, and relationship-building skills, with the ability to influence and motivate others.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities to identify and capitalize on market opportunities.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, with fluency in English. Additional European languages are highly desirable.
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, and able to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Willingness to travel extensively within Europe.