Finance Business Partner (Tax)
Finance Business Partner
Have you gained experience in manufacturing?
Do you have a basic understanding of Tax?
Are you a qualified accountant or equivalent?
MacGregor Black is delighted to partner with a Renowned Global Food Manufacturer known for their commitment to quality, innovation, and sustainability. With a strong presence in the industry, we are seeking a highly skilled Finance Business Partner to join this dynamic finance team. This is a permanent role based in North Yorkshire or North East Lincolnshire.
As the Finance Business Partner, you will be responsible for the monthly UK VAT Group returns and the UK R&D tax incentive claims.
- UK VAT Group Return Management: Take ownership of the monthly UK VAT Group return, handling both preparation and review responsibilities in a 50:50 split. Ensure accurate and timely submission to tax authorities.
- Tax GL Accounts and Reconciliation: Monitor, review, and reconcile all tax-related GL accounts, ensuring accuracy and compliance with tax regulations.
- European Tax Incentive Claims: Manage and coordinate the European R&D and Patent Box tax incentive claims. Act as a business partner and project manager, bridging communication between sites and external advisors handling the claims.
- Tax Payments and Cashflow Forecasting: Oversee tax payments and cashflow forecasting across Europe to ensure compliance with tax obligations while optimising cash management.
- Tax Compliance Diary Management: Maintain and manage the tax compliance diary to stay on top of important deadlines and obligations.
- Financial and Tax Business Partnering: Act as a business partner, providing financial and tax insights for new projects and initiatives across the organisation, ensuring tax considerations are taken into account.
- Ad Hoc Project Support: Provide support for ad hoc projects as required, contributing your analytical mindset and strong technical ability.
What we are looking for?
- A part or fully qualified accountant is desired but not essential.
- Demonstrated excellent technical ability in tax and compliance matters.
- A proactive self-starter, able to work independently and drive initiatives forward.
- Strong communication skills and confident decision-making abilities.
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships at all levels within and outside the organisation.
- Proficiency in various systems and software related to tax and finance.
- Effective time management skills to meet demanding deadlines.
- Keen eye for detail and strong attention to detail in tax calculations and compliance matters.
- Analytical mindset to analyse financial data and provide valuable insights.
Competitive salary + benefits.
Please contact Carl Maw for more information today.