Finance Business Partner
Finance Business Partner
Do you have experience within manufacturing?
Have you got experience of working as a Finance Business Partner or similar?
Are you a qualified accountant?
MacGregor Black is delighted to partner with a FMCG business in their search for a Finance Business Partner. This is a permanent position based near Harrogate.
As the Finance Business Partner, you will play a pivotal role in providing financial insights and guidance to our manufacturing operations, helping drive informed decisions and contributing to the overall financial success of the organisation.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders within the manufacturing department to understand their operational needs, challenges, and objectives.
- Act as a trusted advisor, translating financial data into actionable insights that drive improvements in efficiency, cost control, and overall performance.
Budgeting and Forecasting:
- Work closely with department heads to develop, monitor, and update the annual budget for manufacturing operations.
- Provide regular forecasts, track performance against budget, and recommend adjustments as necessary.
Cost Analysis and Control:
- Analyse manufacturing costs, including raw materials, labor, and overhead. Identify cost reduction opportunities.
- Implement cost control measures and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Develop and maintain KPIs and financial performance metrics specific to the manufacturing division.
- Regularly report on performance, identifying trends and areas for improvement.
- Prepare and analyse financial statements and performance reports related to the manufacturing department.
- Communicate financial results to department heads and senior management.
- Participate in decision-making processes by providing financial insights and risk assessment for new projects, capital investments, and operational changes.
- Investigate and explain variances from budget and forecast. Collaborate with department heads to address performance gaps.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement within the manufacturing division to enhance efficiency and financial performance.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to implement best practices.
What we are looking for?
- Professional accounting qualification (e.g., ACCA, CIMA) is preferred.
- Proven experience as an Accountant within the manufacturing industry is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in financial reporting and financial analysis tools.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A proactive and results-oriented approach to problem-solving.
Competitive salary + benefits.
Please contact Carl Maw for more information today.