|Are you passionate about garment fit?
Are you adept at working with speed and precision?
Do you have experience in effective communication, particularly in liaising with a diverse range of suppliers and other partners?
MacGregor Black are currently supporting a leading fashion brand in the search for a Garment Technologist based in Manchester. The Garment Technologist will be responsible for ensuring product fit and quality is in line with brand strategy and values.
What you will be doing…
• Build and maintain strong internal and external networks to develop a broad perspective and identify future opportunities.
• Maintain knowledge of current and changing global legislation and ensure implementation into our product.
• Develop excellent supplier relationships to ensure understanding of and commitment to delivery of ITS standards.
• Understand technical capabilities/limitations of Suppliers and supply chain to optimise delivered quality and minimise risk to production/ delivery.
• Collaborate with suppliers to establish realistic action plans that enable improvement to delivered standards.
• Provide Buying /Merchandise teams with supporting information required in negotiations for losses arising out of poor fit, quality or non-compliance.
• Provide support to the Head of CSR in the delivery of the business strategy.
Who we are looking for?
• A proven track record of setting and achieving quality standards, appropriate to a fast fashion brand.
• Working at pace with accuracy is essential.
• A solid knowledge of garment construction.
• A firm understanding of grading for core and specialist size clothing.
• Organised and efficient ability to multi-task and prioritise.
• Organisational skills with experience of working to critical deadlines.
• Good communication skills with experience of liaising with a range of suppliers and other partners.
• Experience of working within a team.
• Good office and administration skills, MS office/ excel proficient.
• Strong interest in ITS is essential.
• Highly organised, good prioritisation skills, decisive
• Curious, continuous learning mindset
For more information, please contact Tom Honeyman.