Partner with site leadership to develop a people plan that supports site objectives and lead on all HR related
activities – including employee relations, industrial relations; restructures, employee engagement, labour and
strategic work force planning, talent strategy and people development plans.
• Coach and mentor site leaders in all people skills that drive a high-performance culture (engagement/ reward/
performance management/inclusion/career development/ talent building).
• Employee relations – provide an accessible and professional HR function where by employee queries and issues
are resolved in an appropriate, timely and legally compliant manner, minimizing risk of litigation and improving
• Supporting line managers to ensure the adherence and fair application of disciplinary and grievance procedures
• Hourly labour planning, recruitment and selection, and agency management.
• Ensure group and site HR policies and procedures are communicated, implemented and updated on site in a
timely and effective manner.
• Effectively supporting line managers in effectively monitoring and improving performance and ensuring
development plans are in place where needed.
• Providing adequate and appropriate advice to line managers, covering all aspects of HR and coaching through
difficult or unfamiliar situation, minimising risk for the business.
• Implementing absence management techniques and fair and consistent policy across site, ensuring adequate
reporting andmonitoring methods.
• Ensure a full understanding of the ethical requirements on site and ensure the site is compliant and audit ready.
• Ensuring all statutory training requirements are identified and implemented for all roles and colleagues on site,
ensuring training is adequately undertaken and recorded by the relevant trainers.
• Site payroll management for hourly paid colleagues.
• Ensuring a sound understanding of HR requirements for customer, technical and BRC audits in order that HR
records are maintained and produced to satisfy audit requirements.
Skills & Experience
• Proven generalist HR management experience supporting a site ideally in a fast-paced manufacturing industry
however other sectors openly considered.
• Experience of and acting as a key partner to the site management team.
• Experience of advising line managers across a full range of HR activities, whilst keeping focus on business
• Able to act with agility and willing to get into the detail as well as think strategically Proven skills in people
development – coaching and influencing managers.
• Sound and up to date knowledge of employment law.
• Extensive experience in managing employee relations.
• Great coach – able to be a critical ‘friend’ to the management team and challenge the status quo.
• Ability to manage a number of priorities, determine order and ensure delivery.
• Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable.
• Resilient and able to remain calm and in control in a fast-paced, pressured and changeable environment