Junior Sous Chef
Are you a qualified chef from a premium background?
Do you have experience with premium events?
Can you work as part of a team in a high pressure environment?
MacGregor Black is currently partnering with an Ultra-Premium Spirits Producer, on the search for a Junior Sous Chef. This is a permanent role based in London.
What you will do
- Be part of the team to deliver high quality food standards for our first-class events and experiences.
- Allergen awareness making sure that protocols are followed, and the kitchen has safe methods in place for dealing with food allergens.
- Maintain kitchen cleanliness ensuring the kitchen is cleaned effectively at all times.
- Ensure consistency of food quality, presentation, and plating; all prepared to serve in a timely manner.
- Keep recipes in good order and updated as necessary: work to agreed recipes
- Help to prevent waste of food of any kind and over-production to mis-en-place. Keep food ordering to a minimum. Help to minimise the consumption of gas, electricity, and water.
- Follow the rules and guidelines set by the company regarding – hygiene, stock rotation, dating, storage, temperature control of refrigerators, pest control, reporting of faulty equipment, reporting of notifiable diseases/accidents, and reporting of absence.
- Ensure all responsible cleaning, tidying and welfare of the kitchen and surrounding areas is carried out effectively and to a high-quality standard.
- Ensure the use, issue and care of all cleaning materials and equipment is controlled to maximum benefit, whilst considering health and safety regulations.
- Attend relevant meetings arranged in the interests of the business and our customers.
- Undertake any other duty and responsibility consistent with the role.
- Formal culinary training/qualification.
- Professional experience from very high-quality, fine dining establishments preferred
- Strong knowledge of, and interest in, European and British cooking.
- Ability to work with fine ingredients and prepare them from scratch.
- Clear communication skills.
- Able to work consistently well under pressure in a busy kitchen environment.
- Able to undertake a physically demanding role in hot conditions.
- Able to work positively within a team and with confidence to delegate tasks to relevant members of the kitchen brigade if and when required.
- A flexible approach to working hours, according to events timetable and kitchen rota.
- Excellent understanding of, and compliance with, Food Hygiene standards, and willingness to undertake relevant training.
Contact Dana Bond today