Do you have experience with FMCG and grocery channels?
Are you an experienced product developer?
Do you have experience working with suppliers in Europe and China?
MacGregor Black are partnering with a leading Housewares brand on the search for a Product Developer. This is a permanent role based in the Manchester office.
- You will support Account Managers in the growth of key retail channels within FMCG channels, within party product and disposable tableware.
- You will take ownership of the product development process from product concept to launch on key projects for grocery retailers.
- Identify areas of improvement across products and customer line lists alongside Account Managers.
- You will recognise new and emerging trends, transforming these into commercial ideas for new product development opportunities.
- Attend customer meetings alongside the sales team, to present and discuss new concepts, take product feedback & plan future ranges.
- You will brief and liaise with Far East and EU suppliers about product specification, generating cost comparisons on this and negotiating price.
- Inputting costs into price matrixes, ensuring that all pricing is within targets for customer cost price and target margins, as well as being competitively priced within the marketplace.
- Make sure all pre-production and production samples are signed off internally and externally.
- Work closely with in-house the in-house design team to ensure timely delivery of design materials for customers.
- Support with the set-ups for in-house customer presentations.
- You will brief and manage the approval of product artwork, both internally and externally ensuring all aspects of customer guidelines and requirements are met.
- Create and review product, packaging, and artwork specifications to be sent to suppliers.
- Create and maintain product data on internal systems, work to complete key online programmes both internally and for external customers with a high level of accuracy.
- You will manage competitors review analysis on a regular basis and strategically implement learnings to ensure the clients product offerings are ahead of the curve.
- You will implement customer and business eco credentials
- Work closely with the technical department to ensure all testing requirements are correctly requested with suppliers.
What are we looking for?
- At least 2+ years working within a product development role, with experience of developing commercially viable products within grocery / FMCG channels.
- Excellent organisation skills, and the ability to be a flexible multi-tasker.
- The ability to work within different projects and deliver the best quality and designed product to customers within their required time frame.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, working well within a team with excellent communication skills to both internal colleagues and external customers.
- You’re passionate, results focused and thorough in your work.