Purchasing & Logistics Manager
Purchasing and Logistics Manager
Do you have proven experience in Purchasing & Logistics?
Are you looking to further your career in a global consumer business?
Are you a team player with management skills?
MacGregor Black are partnering with a market leading Toy Brand based in the Northwest. This is a permanent role with hybrid working opportunities.
- Responsible for all freight negotiations and contract agreements with forwarders, third party warehouses and hauliers
- Responsible for stock purchasing according to forecast across 3 warehouse operations in UK, Holland and USA
- Analyse and challenge sales forecast and outstanding order information with Territory Managers to produce accurate purchase schedules for Hong Kong General Manager to ensure order requirements are met by the factories
- Develop and improve existing relationships with all logistical suppliers
- Control the logistical data within the business
- Manage, lead and motivate the UK Warehouse Manager
- Responsible for 2 third party warehouse operations
- Responsible for cost negotiations with warehouse operations
- Manage/lead/motivate a Purchasing and Logistics team of 7
- Control the logistical and product data within the business
- Plan and implement logistical strategy, ensuring targets are met
- Take ownership of the logistical arm of the new D2C project, role out and ongoing management
- Improve the overall purchasing and logistics performance and look for any possible innovations to the process
- Devise and implement improved purchasing systems
- Improve stock holding profitability and efficiency
- Negotiate contracts with suppliers
- Control UK based repacking/assembly planning and domestic delivery processes
- Consider the environmental impact of the supply chain in order to meet sustainability targets
- Oversee product storage, handling and distribution
- Use computer software to track goods from origin to delivery
- Work on forecasts and inventories, keeping an accurate record of the process and analysing performance
- Be aware of what is happening throughout the supply chain industry. Keep up to date with international shipping and import/export requirements
- Manage and minimise the risks (for example operational or reputational) that could affect or interrupt the supply chain
- Implement new technologies and stay alert to new trends and developments in the sector
What are we looking for?
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a Purchasing & Logistics environment
- Able to work in the UK and willing to travel to the office 3 days per week
- Strong analytical skills
- Team player with excellent communication and influencing skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Problem solver and critical thinker
- Able to initiate ideas and take ownership of projects
- Hands on knowledge of Purchasing and Logistics management software e.g. Dexterity WMS, Sage 200 or any other solutions.
- Strong Microsoft excel skills
Please contact Abbie Richardson for further information.