Do you have experience managing multiple sales channels?
Do you have board level experience?
Do you have a “hands on” approach?
Macgregor Black are partnering with a market leading consumer business, on the search for a Sales Director based in the South West of England.
As Sales Director you will create and implement sales strategies across all channels of the business. With a focused approach to customer engagement, the Sales Director will lead and develop the existing Sales team to achieve clear objectives. You will also play a key role across the wider business to support in achieving market top and bottom-line growth in line with the 5-year plan.
- Inspire, lead and coach a sales team of 8, with further recruitment alongside business growth
- Act as the critical link between customer, team and Headquarters
- Protect and grow the Independent sales channel
- Secure new distribution into Grocery, Convenience and National Accounts
- Expand the Export business through securing new distribution partners, retailers and marketplaces
- Lead regular sales meetings, trade shows and association relationships when appropriate
- Accelerate digital sales growth via .com and marketplace partners whilst protecting retailer relationships
- Deliver clear, consistent and meaningful communication to all levels including overseas Parent Company
- Engage closely with Board of Directors
What are we looking for?
- 5years + managing a successful sales function
- Deep understanding of customers and trading experience is essential, as is the ability to demonstrate sustainable relationship building across the customer base
- Indepth understanding of how to measure, monitor and motivate a Sales team both directly and via second line management. Preferably experience managing agency and third party relationships.
- Experience of budgeting and costing is essential including financial planning, P&L and ROI analysis
- Lead by example approach with exemplary communication skills
- Degree Educated
- Full, clean, current driving license with ability to travel overseas when required
For more information please contact Emily Robson