Sales Manager – South Germany
Are you deeply passionate about Cycling?
Do you have the desire to join and enhance a market leading brand?
Do you have a track record of sales success?
MacGregor Black are proudly partnering with a leading Sporting Goods brand on the search for a Sales Manager responsible for North of Germany. The position is responsible for identifying leads, servicing, and enhancing the dealer network, ensuring that dealers have the correct product, information, and skills to support the growth of the brand to achieve increased market share.
The Sales Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining our dealer network in the South of Germany, ensuring we are properly represented. You will work extensively with dealers to ensure the advantages of the brand are communicated, that dealers are equipped with the correct product, the knowledge to sell and passion to grow.
- Be the point of contact for assigned retail partners, regularly visiting, and telephoning them on a set schedule.
- Sell-in of Pre Orders, Re-Orders and Backorder management. You will be required to support your decision making with data analytics.
- Selling product and educating dealers using provided tools and new initiatives which you will create applying experienced-based knowledge.
- Actively using the sales cycle, from prospecting, qualifying, and closing to regular follow up, to expand our dealer network / sales in the region.
- Build business plans with our partners, identifying opportunities, ensuring product is available and that initiatives are coordinated with our global and national marketing campaigns.
- Make sure the products are always nicely displayed in the stores, marketing campaigns are followed, and the POS material is correctly used.
- Managing, assisting, and cooperating with the other members of the sales team to ensure that everyone hits agreed KPIs.
- Be a brand expert
- You are a sales professional with a background in the outdoors sports industry (cycling preferably)
- You will enjoy travelling across the North of Germany and will be expected to be on the road a minimum of 3 days a week.
- You will report to the German Director where you will present to the sales team, opportunities, and developments in the market.
- You will be expected to carry out evening and weekend work to support our retailers and the brand including trade shows.
- You will travel internationally.
- You will have a keen eye for detail, the ability to work independently and have the professional approach befitting a premium brand.
The Ideal candidate will have:
- Exceptional sales skills; lead development, order building, upselling, cross-selling, and account management
- Strong customer service administrative, and organizational skills.
- High aptitude for planning and analysis with command of Excel.
- Experience in working with enterprise software systems.
- Fluent in German and high level of English.
- Knowledge of a B2B CRM platform like Salesforce is an advantage.
3+ years of bicycle or outdoor industry experience required
University education or relevant experience
A professional and calm demeanor.
A strong work ethic and desire to win
Knowledge of the brand
Passion for cycling
A full clean driving license is a must.
What we offer
- Competitive salary and a company car
- A young and vibrant team with an ambitious company culture
- 28 days holiday
- Generous product allowance
- The opportunity to work with one of the most recognizable and respected brands in the industry
This is a remote based role with monthly travel to German HQ as well as International HQ.