Senior Buyer – Food
Senior Buyer – Food
Do you have experience within Direct Procurement?
Do you have a background within FMCG/Food?
Do you excel in stakeholder management?
MacGregor Black is working with a leading branded food business on the search for a Senior Buyer – Food. This is a permanent role based in London.
As Senior Buyer – Food, you will be leading a direct procurement team to source from the European market for current products and new products in the pipeline. The role involves working in close collaboration with internal stakeholders such as marketing, supply chain, R&D, and finance as well as external partners. It reports to the Head of Category and is responsible for a team.
- Setting and achieving challenging cost reduction targets
- Working closely with internal stakeholders to ensure consistent supply
- Executing the sourcing and selection strategy using a dynamic 7-step strategic sourcing process
- Lead productivity and value engineering to reduce cost base while maintaining high consumer quality
- Creating a high-performance culture within the team and focusing on developing talent
- Supporting the implementation of NPD and Product Renovation
- Act as an interface between suppliers and relevant departments on purchasing processes, new projects, and activities
- Monitor and advise on issues with supply which present either a risk or an opportunity
- Build and maintain trusted internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Work with the Head of Category to manage the category budget and work with the team to maintain accountability and responsibility of the spend
What are we looking for?
- CIPS qualified (preferred)
- Direct procurement experience
- FMCG/Food Experience
- Deep understanding of purchasing contracts
- Excellent stakeholder management skills (internal & external)
- Line management experience
- Skilled negotiator
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
Competitive salary and benefits.
Please contact Qasim Khan today for more information.