Senior National Account Manager
Senior National Account Manager
Do you have experience working with Grocery Retailers?
Are you passionate about working with a quality product?
Are you a strong negotiator?
Macgregor Black are partnering with an Industry leading consumer products business on the search for a Senior National Account Manager. This is a permanent role, offering hybrid working.
As the Senior National Account Manager you will be responsible for managing a portfolio of accounts and are responsible for building strong client relationships, developing account management strategies, co-ordinating with internal teams to deliver solutions that meet customer needs, and identifying opportunities to grow accounts.
- To increase listings, distribution and facings of the range of products, across key pillars within the business
- To identify potential new customers along with further potential business channels/route to market and secure planned levels of new business from them
- To meet budgeted sales and margin requirements
- To negotiate account specific trade promotions and other activity in line with brand strategies
- To improve account P&L, and achieve GM targets set by the company
- To develop account strategies in accordance with overall channel strategy, and to develop account goals and business plan with customers
- To create accurate rolling forecasts using Reflex.
- Dynamic personality able to effectively engage and influence a variety of audiences at all levels of a business
- A focus on relationships, being able to gain trust through communication, expectation setting and completion of planned deliverables.
- Business Acumen, sound decision making, analytical and organisational skills in a fast-paced environment; a consultative approach to managing complex client relationships
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities, balancing client deliverables on multiple projects as well as internal obligations.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and remain motivated
- Present a review of account performance (past, present & future) at internal meetings identifying challenges and opportunities as appropriate.
- Maintain and grow existing accounts and other selected customers. Identify and drive viable new business opportunities.
- Negotiate terms and logistics with new and existing customers to accelerate business growth Effectively manage all new product launches to drive initial listings and maximise availability and revenue growth
- Devise and execute comprehensive and cost-effective account plans, JBP’s and promotional plans and regularly review with each individual key account.
- Deploy category management principles to ensure fair share of space in-store and online for our core range and NPD.
- Support other internal departments on customer projects to ensure we maximise our return on investment and act as a best in class commercial function
What are we looking for?
- 5 years sales experience, with 2+ years managing grocery accounts
- Proven track record in achieving growth and increasing profit margins
- Strong commercial acumen
- Interpersonal skills
- Negotiation skills
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally within a business related field
- A creative mindset, to generate new ideas
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work cross functionally across the business
Please contact Emily Robson for more information