Can you demonstrate a strong commercial awareness and attention to detail?
Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment?
Are you an expert in turning data into actionable insights?
MacGregor Black is currently partnering with a leading consumer goods business, on the search for a Commercial Analyst. This is a permanent role based in Slough.
As a Commercial Analyst your focus is to deliver insights that drive commercial performance within the Sales function, to evangelise and embed a data-driven approach within the broader organisation, and to enable better cross-functional working through insights and performance reviews. He/she will also own reporting and data management, ensuring our tools meet business needs and requirements. The Data Analytics team supports all the Sales Channels, with a special focus on e-commerce; it is a vital and hands-on part of the businesses overall commercial approach focused on continuously refining our short and long-term strategic approach.
There are three buckets that the Commercial Analyst work should fall into:
• Commercial Performance Driving Insight
• Data management and Reporting
• Support 2x Jr Analysts
- Strategy & Insight
- Delivery of sales-focused market, competitor, and retailer top-line insights
- Ongoing Commercial Planning & Strategic Analysis
- Reporting ownership on key metrics: understand business needs and translate them into dashboards & tools
- Support Key Sales Event Planning/Reviewing
- External Stakeholder Interactions – exchanging insights with our key retail partners
- Effectively communicating your insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management
- Gathering critical information for meetings with various stakeholders and producing useful reports.
- Planning of reporting efficiency projects and team development road-mapping
- Manage relationship with EMEA/corporate data development team
- Providing leadership, training, coaching, and guidance to junior staff
- Co-ordinating collaboration between Data Analytics and other teams
- Data / Process
- Development of business dashboarding, data warehousing management
- Staying up-to-date on the latest processes and IT advancements to automate and modernise systems.
- Ensuring solutions meet business needs and requirements.
What are we looking for?
- A bachelor’s degree in business, a related field, or an MBA.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in business analysis or a related field.
- Exceptional influencing and negotiation skills at all levels.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Advanced technical skills (SQL / Qlik Cloud / PowerBI / …)
- Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations.
- A track record of following through on commitments.
- Experience in leading / mentoring teams.
- A history of leading and supporting change in ambiguous environments.
- Competitive salary + benefits.
Please contact Dan Hookway today for more information.