Are you an experienced or aspiring Technical Manager within food manufacturing?
Do you have vast experience in dealing with customers / retailers?
Do you have a proven track record of keeping the highest food quality and hygiene standards?
MacGregor Black are partnering with a leading artisan food brand on the search for a Technical Manager. This is a perm role based in North Wiltshire.
- Lead the Technical team, attend/chair meetings, issue reports. Provide knowledge leadership on food safety, HACCP and audit standards in food operations.
- To ensure that all aspects of Food Safety, Quality and Legislation are adhered to BRC Global Standard, Retailers COPs, Soil Association, ISO 14001
- To lead and manage accreditations and technical customer visits and audits.
- To support and mentor colleagues responsible for Quality. Provide technical and quality training for staff and skills development for colleagues.
- To develop and apply appropriate systems & processes to ensure quality and safety is achieved
- Manage and control all areas relative to product safety and quality in compliance with customer and legal requirements.
- Operation of the quality system to ensure Customer and BRC audit success.
- Supporting new product development processes.
- Implementation of the HACCP system to ensure the production of safe product of a consistently high standard. HACCP Team Leader.
What are we looking for?
- Degree in Food Science or Equivalent.
- Demonstrable experience within a relevant technical management role within the food industry.
- Formal HACCP and Food Hygiene training at higher level.
- People management skills.
- Extensive practical experience of BRC accreditation, HACCP implementation, facilitation of customer audits and quality systems management.
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement Techniques and Problem-Solving Skills.
- An understanding of current food legislation.
Salary – Up to £45k + benefits
Please contact Rob Blackburn today for further information.