UK Finance & Operations Director
UK Finance & Operations Director
Are you an entrepreneurial Finance Leader with an operational focus?
Do you have ACA or ACCA accountancy qualification’s, coupled with IFRS, French & UK GAAP?
Able to conduct business within English and French?
MacGregor Black is currently working with a Premium Drinks brand, on the search for a UK Finance & Operations Director. This is a full-time permanent position based in Central London.
As you the Director, you will coordinate and manage all the activities related to UK Finance & Operations. You ensure that all UK local accounting, reporting, tax, closing, and finance matter are in line with both local regulations and Group policy. You are also involved in decision making regarding commercial activities and are responsible for management accounts and sales analysis. You will manage a Commercial Finance Manager and the Logistics Manager.
The position reports to the Managing Director in the UK and functionally to the Finance Department in the head office in France.
- Coordinate and guarantee the proper management of the accounting of the company (active cycle, passive cycle, merchandise), respecting the local accounting, administrative and fiscal laws, and the Group accounting principles
- Guarantee the correct issuing and registration and follow up of all fiscal documents (in and out) related to the main company businesses, services, purchases, etc. ensuring data completeness, correctness, compliance with the local fiscal laws
- Guarantee the development of the periodic Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss of the companies, respecting the local laws and the corporate procedures’ requirements
- Revise or implement adequate procedures Regarding the Internal Control System, also in accordance with the Group standard requirements
- Manage accounting closing procedures (monthly, quarterly and year end)
- Manage local FS vs Group FS according to the Group criteria
- Cooperate with the Internal Control and Corporate Organisation in the assessment of the internal processes and procedures implementation
- Ensure management of all administrative aspects related to sales and personnel, according to the local law
- Contribute to the accounting processes update, to the definition and implementation of the appropriate KPI and the structure alignment according to local lows and corporate planning
- Act as Business Partner providing financial and business analysis and reporting
- Management accounts: coordinate & manage business plan processes. Set up budgets & forecasting for: sales, commercial investments (PR & events, marketing, Retro Investments…), company overheads; and you follow them (PNL forecast/LER…)
- Maintain stock and manage logistic (Import and domestic distribution)
- Liaise with the company’s solicitor to guaranty the corporate compliance
- Check & secure commercial contracts in link with the company’s solicitor
- Aid with decisions for commercial business development
- Support the sales team on setting up financial aspects of customer commercial agreement
- Set up and Control sales prices according to the required level of margin
- Liaise with the company’s payroll agent regarding HR and are responsible for HR filing management for the team
- Responsible for liaising with the company’s IT Consultant
What are we looking for?
- Qualified Accountant
- At least 3 years of experience as a leading a finance department
- Experience in working as a subsidiary of an international company (offshore accounts reporting, international deadlines and reporting)
- Experience IFRS, French GAAP and UK GAAP
- High standards of professionalism, leadership and problem solving
- Hard working and dedicated
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Flexible and adaptable
- Bilingual English/French
- A team player
Competitive salary + benefits.
Contact Nichola Saul today for a further discussion.